Blogging is a great way to express yourself. It gives you the opportunity to write about the topics you care about most and share your views/opinions with millions of people online.
I started this blog Createebiz a few years ago. So I started writing about tips and information that can make people successful in their careers.
Besides earning 6 figures from this blog I also gained fame through my blog. Hundreds of people email me and write their feedback on this blog.
You can make a lot of money by blogging. If you are thinking about starting your blog or updating your blog this is a must read for you.
In this article I’ve listed 25 ways you can start making money from blogging today – and they work in almost every country.
24 Ways You Can Make Money From Blogging: A Guide to Passive Income.
How You Can Make Money with Blogging!
- Google AdSense is the easiest and best way to make money with your blog. Even if you use 24 other ways to make money from your blog Google AdSense can make you a good income.
- Over 70% of my income comes from AdSense alone. The other 30% of my income comes from these means.
- I made over $30,000 from my blog. I even drive an expensive car. Thanks to Google Adsense.
- If you haven’t started your blog start here today. Your hard work and interests can make you rich.
- There are many ad networks similar to AdSense but nothing compares to Google AdSense. I tried a lot but it stopped after a while.
- Google now strictly requires approval of AdSense accounts.
- Therefore people who don’t have an AdSense account or want to make more money by showing other ads with Google will partner with other ad networks.
- In addition to ad networks you can also run ads directly. However selling banner pop-ups and e-newsletters directly requires more work than using a product like Google AdSense.
- So be prepared to negotiate pricing on terms and conditions and prepare an invoice.
- Depending on the field/topic you blog about you can start by reaching out to small brand retailers in your area.
- Yes charging a flat rate is always preferable to the tedious task of tracking views and/or clicks on each ad.
- If you put in a little extra effort you can get a lot more than Google AdSense. You can partner with many affiliate networks like Clickbank JVZoo Warriorplus ShareASale or direct merchants like Amazon Flipkart.
- Here you need to promote products related to your blog category through your blog. When someone clicks on a product link (your affiliate link) you get a commission from the merchant.
- When you reference any product in your post you can use a banner ad on your blog or add a link to your post.
- Linking from your post is more effective because people think this link is a testimonial from your blog rather than an advertisement.
- Once you learn the tricks and secrets of affiliate marketing you’ll hate other ways to make money from your blog.
- Let’s say you’re not interested in showing ads in your blog posts – to minimize the risk of offending readers.
You can make money by selling sponsored blog posts.
- It’s fairly simple just like any other sponsorship deal the company/brand pays you to write about it or its product/service on your blog.
- Before reaching out to relevant companies/brands I recommend preparing a simple media kit – which contains details of your blog audience profile demographics social media following and traffic statistics – to share with potential clients.
- Create a dedicated page on your blog where people can find details about your offer on sponsored posts.
Write Paid Reviews
- This may sound very similar to the previous point – but it’s not quite the same.
- Here companies/brands will pay you to view their products/services on your blog.
- For example if your blog is about the latest cell phones on the market cell phone manufacturers can send you their latest models for you to review and write about on your blog.
- Did I mention they will pay you for your opinion/review.
- There are several popular blogs that offer paid reviews on different categories of products and earn a decent amount of money from them.
- Besides hosting paid webinars this is another paid service you can consider.
- If you are a blogger and considered an expert in your field/field you can start earning income by providing your expertise and skills (as a consultant).
- All you need to do is put together a list of attractive packages for hourly consultation email advice and/or DIY packages and you are good to go.
- You can always test the marketing of this service with your existing audience/readers and then fine-tune it based on their feedback.
Start a Job Board/Classifieds
- A job is one thing most people are always looking for.
- Having a jobs section on your blog will not only ensure that people keep coming back to your blog it will also ensure you have a steady income.
- It’s also a great way to provide valuable services and earn some handy cash in the process.
- You can also choose which job listings to post on your blog and decide how much you will be charged for the service based on the duration of the ad on your website.
- So is your blog attracting a steady stream of traffic every day with a growing loyal following that keeps coming back?
- If yes then you might consider merchandising – which means putting things like coffee mug t-shirts and stickers with your blog name/logo/slogan for sale online.
- Today there are several e-commerce sites such as Wix Shopify and Etsy that can help you create an online store and sell your products online.
- If your blog is popular enough they are sure to find a bunch of enthusiastic buyers from your loyal audience.
- Currently this idea is by no means a new one and has been used from time to time with different results. It involves giving your audience the option to pay to view additional content on your blog which can be anything from learning resources to videos.
- But the most common question bloggers in particular face is that most topics they think of — there are tons of free sites already available — so why would anyone pay to read their content?
- So you either need to master some super exclusive/premium content or have some expert/expert knowledge on some rare but interesting subject that hasn’t yielded a free website yet.
- You can also build your own paywall in 10 minutes using plugins like Paid Memberships Pro. Yes it’s a huge challenge but if you do succeed – blogging in the bank will bring you more money.
Start CPM Ads
- If you want to make money from your blog with CPM (cost per 1000 impressions) ads you need to drive a lot of traffic to your blog.
- You don’t really need any professional coding knowledge so they’re easy to set up. All you have to do is create an ad account and add the code to your website. That’s it.
- Now note that usually CPMs are not known for generating significant revenue. Some sites like Media.net Ezoic Mediavine pay as little as $0.10 (per thousand impressions) – so don’t get your hopes up.
- However if your blog does attract a lot of traffic you can still make a decent amount of money from it
Create & Sell E-Books
- Creating and selling digital information products is also a tried-and-true way to make money from blogging.
- Ebooks are a popular choice in this category—because they’re also relatively simple to write and produce.
- Assuming you’re scratching your head for possible topics this is an easy way out for you.
- If you’ve been blogging for a while you just need to collect some older but relevant blog posts and turn them into chapters for your ebook.
- Once your content is ready you can use online tools like Canva to design covers and create PDFs of your eBooks.
Sell Courses Online.
- Selling professional courses online is another great way to make money with your blog.
- The added incentive here is that such courses sell for much more than ebooks – because you can charge a premium for your expertise.
- First you will need to complete the syllabus and any other supporting materials you may wish to include (slideshow template download).
- The accepted practice here is to offer two versions – the basic version (which doesn’t support it) and the more expensive premium version (which supports email).
- Once you’re ready you can use popular learning management system plugins such as Learn Dash or Member Press to deliver it to your paying customers.
Build your Email List
- Several successful bloggers have claimed the money on the list. Once you’ve built an audience for your blog it’s crucial to keep them — lest they never come back.
- You can use an online tool like GetResponse or AWeber to start collecting email addresses in exchange for freebies like free 7-day courses via email.
- Readers are likely to stick with your content long after the free course ends.
- The key to growing your mailing list and audience is to retain existing followers while attracting new readers.
Start Hosting Webinars
Well this particular option of making money from your blog works best if you or your blog is considered an authority on a particular topic or field.
In this case you can host webinars (online interactive chats) where people will pay you to answer their questions on a specific topic and hear your opinion on a specific topic.
You can try any of the free webinar hosting sites mentioned below.
AnyMeeting, Inc. provides web conferencing and webinar services to small business clients, allowing them to host and attend web-based conferences and meetings while sharing their desktop screens with other remote users.Users may access AnyMeeting via a web browser, a web-based software application.
ClickMeeting provides Video conferencing, online meetings, and webinar software to help you connect with your students, customers, and team members.
Hosting a webinar is not only a great way to share your experience but also a great way to make money online.
Start or Join a Blog Network
- Blog networks are fast becoming a possible source of income for bloggers. You can make money from blogging in two ways.
- The first option involves starting your own network and signing up bloggers for you. The second option is to join an existing network as a writer and provide paid posts/articles for other sites.
- For better ideas check out some of the popular blogging networks such as Activate, Linqia and Social Fabric
There are many blogging networks out there and you need to choose and join the one that matches your domain expertise and area of interest.
- In the digital age businesses/brands are always looking for domain experts and great writers who have the ability to make them news and media attention.
- Popular bloggers are often on their hit list because they have two key ingredients — and they pay pretty good money.
- So if you happen to have a popular blog about a fast-growing vertical such as retail banking and financial services FMCG or technology – you might be snapped up by a company to blog for them – either full-time or part-time.
- Companies can contact you directly or you can browse online job sites/blog networks to see existing jobs in this category.
Work/tie-up with an Agency
- Advertising and PR agencies are always looking for new ways and means to promote client interests and products across all media platforms.
- This is where you come in. As a popular blogger with proven ability in your area of expertise you can join or form partnerships with agencies that handle clients in that specific area.
- Besides earning extra cash this is also a great way to ensure that leading brands/companies are featured on your blog from time to time adding credibility.
- You can also get hired to write about them for other digital/print platforms – as a ghostwriter – and make more money in the process.
Sell Newsletter Space
- If your blog has a decent following then you can start writing a newsletter and make money from your blog.
- Not only can it add value to your blog loyalists but it can also serve as a means of increasing your income.
- Once you have a newsletter you can also choose to charge interested brands or companies for ad space in the newsletter or for good reviews within it.
- You’d be surprised how many companies are willing to pay for an honorable mention in a popular newsletter aimed at the right audience.
- But first you need to build a decent mailing list so that the company actively considers whether you choose this option.
Guest Speaking Opportunities
- In today’s world where knowledge is power as an authority and popular figure in your area of expertise you can be invited to appear as a guest speaker at relevant social/corporate events.
- These invitations are often well-paid and if you’re selective about your appearance you can make a lot of money from them.
- I have seen many bloggers who use this method to make money from blogging. What’s more you can also promote your website for free and attract new potential members to sign up with you.
- Bloggers with a broad social media presence tend to attract big brands like Bee.
- In fact in some cases people can make money from a blogging business just through Instagram.
- The reason is that they have a large following on the online platform and charge brands on a per post/repost basis – and the fees can be very high.
- But before you decide to follow suit you first need to build your follower list by first convincing the brand that you have the desired number and following.
Freelance Writing Gigs
- Popularity has its own dangers in your case it could be media platforms (online and offline) and other sites asking you to write something for their magazine/website.
- For example if your expertise lies in making prudent financial investments a newspaper or financial website might ask you to write a paid article on financial planning tips for their readers.
- However to qualify for these freelance opportunities you need to have a specific knowledge of the subject and some credibility with your readers.
- If you can do that this might translate into a decent source of regular extra income for you.
Offer One-on-One Coaching
- If you happen to run a blog that is already doing well in terms of search engine rankings viewership and revenue generation you can be a great source of inspiration for aspiring bloggers.
- As a successful blogger you have the skills and know how to get where you are. This makes you an extremely valuable commodity for others who want to replicate your online success.
- By sharing your experiences and tips through one-on-one online tutorial video chats you can not only provide aspiring bloggers a valuable service but also charge a flat fee for your expertise.
- Flipping a website (or blog flipping) can be a great idea to earn extra cash. If done right it has the potential to even become a highly profitable full-time home business.
- The idea is simple. You just buy sites (or blogs) that are underperforming but have a lot of potential. Next you’ll use your expertise as a professional blogger to turn things around and sell them for a decent profit.
- But be careful here. When looking for a website to buy or sell it’s always a good idea to use a reputable online marketplace like Flippa or FreeMarket.
Crack a Book Deal
- Now this one is undoubtedly a tough choice which is why it appears at the bottom of this list.
- Let’s face it not every blogger is lucky enough to land a five-figure book deal.
- All you need is some great life-changing content an accepted publisher and of course a lot of luck.
- Before you think this is wishful thinking let me tell you that some bloggers have managed to convert their online blog content into pages of a book – brick and mortar or otherwise – and make a lot of money from it.
Donations & Tip Jars
- If none of the above methods work for you this may be your last resort to make money from your blog – just ask your readers for it.
- Note that you need to have two readers who can save cash and like your blog to donate. Also you’re totally dependent on their definition of generosity so don’t expect a lot of cash.
- Accepting donations can be done in one of several ways including adding a PayPal donation button or a Strip donation button to your website.
Create a Business Directory
As a blogger you probably know very well (or should know) the types of product and service recommendations that your readers ask for the most.
This presents you with a great potential income opportunity. All you need to do is create a listing of such products and services and contact the most relevant businesses to register – for your business directory.
This way your readers can stay informed of all the products and services they need while you enjoy an ongoing revenue stream as you keep adding more companies to keep the list updated.
While blogging is an effective way to promote your business and generate traffic to your website, it can also be used to generate passive income.
It sounds like something you wouldn’t believe works, but it does. The best way to get started is to create a blog that’s fun, informative and easy to read.
This guide will walk you through many different ways you can make money from blogging, from selling your own products on your blog to creating a blog that’s a money-making machine.
This guide will also show you how to make money from your blog without selling your own products.